Life hacks, what doesn't work, and why your Pintrest projects fail
So I was having a conversation about Life Hacks and why are they called Life Hacks. They are more like clever ideas. Some that just don't even work. You'll see people post links on facebook all the time who think the ideas are cool but have just never tried them. There are so many of them Myth Busters could do a whole show on them.
Here is a roundup of Life Hacks that I have found don't work.
- Listerene Foot Bath - doesn't work, turns your feet blue
- Toilet Paper roll cuff for wrapping paper- doesn't work falls off, never fits right
- Turn back of muffin pan into a cookie bowl maker - doesn't work because what is featured is an ACTUAL Cookie bowl creator and not a muffin tin.
- Get a new pair of 5 dollar flip flops because a bread clip isn't saving them.
- A Cupcake sandwich makes just as much mess as if you just eat the damn cupcake as is.
On one side of the coin from life hacks that just don't work, we have Pintrest fails from people that can't write, or follow directions correctly. Sometimes I wonder about people. Unless you are very skilled or an excellent cook, baker you should always follow the directions to a tee, and adjust if something doesn't work for you. I've noticed quite a bit of things.
- Cakes and cookies need to be completely cooled before adding icing/frosting. Otherwise you end up with a melty mess.
- Grease your pan so things will not stick or use a silicone baking mat
- Taste as you go, check temps and consistency
- Have the necessary tools, ingredients
- Read the instructions all the way through before starting
- Don't take shortcuts you don't know will work
- Use quality supplies
And lastly know your skill set, take free classes, or read and do tutorials online. Test, Experiment and keep going.